For volunteers aged 50+ in Blaenau Gwent
Become a volunteer and oversee and support activities in Blaenau Gwent. You will be responsible for helping recruit and supervise other volunteers, promoting the activity locally and ensuring the activity is delivered effectively and efficiently.
You will need to be able to work independently, although support from a staff member would be available at all times. The activity could be based on local need, or on your individual skills or interests.
Find out more and register your interest below.
• Recruitment and supervision of other volunteers on the activity
• Induction and basic training of new volunteers
• Promote the activity locally
• Maintain relevant records and statistics and provide updates to Engagement Manager
• Take part in the regional Organiser network, liaising with other similar volunteers, providing support and sharing good practice.
• Capable of independent working
• Outgoing and understanding of other people’s needs
• Good communication skills
• Socially responsible.
As a volunteer, you will receive:
• Full training before you start
• Expenses at 45p per mile (car) or the price of a bus/train ticket.
Our RSVP projects in Blaenau Gwent and Flintshire are funded by WCVA’s Volunteering In Wales grant and aims to create sustainable volunteering opportunities for people aged 50+ in the identified areas.