This is an opportunity to build a relationship with young carers (aged between 8-18 years old) and become a good role model to them. Together, you would participate in fun, leisure activities within the local area.
This is to allow the young people some time out from home life and education to experience activities they would not usually be able to.
You will be responsible for getting the young person out in the community, for 2-3 hours per fortnight, for the next 6-12 months.
- Plan activity
- Communicate and Plan outings with the young person and their parent
- Collect and return young person safely by agreed times
- Ensure young person safety while in your care
- Submit expenses and paperwork at least monthly (weekly)
- Keep Manager up to date and informed
- Report concerns.
- Willing to experience new things with young person
- Professional/ boundaries.
As a volunteer, you will receive:
- Weekly expenses
- £15 budget per activity plus travel expenses
- Reference following 6 months of contact with young person
- Training & experience
- On going support from manager.