For volunteers ideally aged 50+ in Stirlingshire and Clackmannanshire
The Lead organiser role will ideally be undertaken by someone aged 50+ however this is not essential. The role supports the running and management of our project, including the recruitment of new volunteers.
You will be part of the wider RSVP Forth Valley Organisers’ group which meets quarterly. You will also be supported by the Volunteering Matters Manager for the Forth Valley area as required.
This is a very flexible role as the tasks involved depend on the frequency of calls from clients, which cannot be predicted but tend to be 3 or 4 a week.
Find out more below and register your interest
- Ensuring the project runs smoothly, providing support to and working alongside the team
- Helping to recruit other Volunteers (support is provided)
- Helping to ensure we promote our project locally, so older people, and people with a disability know about it
- Helping to ensure task requests from the public are received, logged and assigned to an appropriate Volunteer and completion is noted.
- Excellent people & communication skills – the role involves supporting other members of the volunteer team and the public
- Competent and confident on a Laptop & Mobile Phone – including using the internet, email & spreadsheets (training will be given if required)
- A confident & positive person, with a caring attitude, willing to learn and comfortable with working with a team of volunteers.
- Very well organised, and flexible
- A good induction to the role, including the chance to shadow others first
- On-going support from Volunteering Matters Manager in Forth Valley
- Travel costs, and the costs of any incurred general expenses, together with any equipment required for the role
- Flexible volunteering hours that suit you – home or office-based
Our Handyperson Service operates across Stirlingshire and Clackmannanshire, where volunteers complete small and minor maintenance jobs that some older people or people with disabilities cannot do by themselves in their own homes.