Grandmentors is an innovative volunteering project where older volunteers use their lifetime of skills and experience to support and mentor vulnerable young people leaving the care system. These young people who are out of employment, education or training (NEET) often need a guiding hand and role model to support them to find work, continue their education or begin training – ultimately giving them the skills and self-belief to lead successful and independent lives. This opportunity is for Grandmentors Wolverhampton.
Volunteers meet with a young person each week to boost their confidence and work towards goals, which are unique to each young person. Volunteers support where they can to help these young care leavers find their feet and reach their full potential. All volunteers are given full support and training throughout their time on the project.
- Aged 50+
- Good people and communication skills, patience
- DBS (criminal record) check will be performed
- Long-term commitment required (min. one year)
- Resident in Wolverhampton
WHAT WE PROVIDE
As a volunteer you’ll receive:
- Full training plus ongoing support including monthly mentor support meetings