For volunteers aged 18+ in Pembrokeshire
You can help provide telephony assistance and support to Pembrokeshire residents by advising and sign posting to what is available.
This role changes based on the needs of the community, however it currently includes:
- Assisting the Pembrokeshire Community Hub team with delivering outreach provision
- Providing support with the new ‘Keep Warm Keep Well’ scheme across the County
- Answering and assisting outgoing care calls
- Answering and responding to telephone enquiries
- Keeping records of calls taken and made
Find out more below and register your interest.
- Inclusion on a weekly rota
- To abide with confidentiality and current GDPR policies
- To become an active team member on the telephony rota system
- To professionally deal with all telephone requests for advice, sign posting and support
- To complete daily recordings
- To be flexible to an ever – changing Hub role.
- Good communication and listening skills
- A friendly and patient telephone manner
- Punctual and reliable
- Ability to work flexibly.
As a volunteer, we will ensure that:
- You are well trained and supported in your role
- We involve you in delivering and developing our volunteering opportunities
- We show our appreciation, celebrate your commitment and let you know what a difference you are making
- You have access to additional training opportunities
- You are presented with your own VM ID badge and VM t-shirt
- Travel expenses reimbursed
- You are enrolled in the Tempo Time Credits scheme
- You are part of the team and join us for events and celebratory get togethers
The role description is intended to include a broad range of responsibilities and requirements of the volunteering post. As our services are continually changing, there will be regular opportunities for you to change the nature of your volunteering and / or support other services in our area to ensure that you continually gain more skills alongside positive experiences while you are volunteering with us.
Volunteers are the cornerstone of our work with the residents from our local communities and we are grateful that you are offering your time to help us to make a difference.
A one-stop shop for advice, guidance, information and signposting describes the new Pembrokeshire Community Hub. This is a new community resource available for all Pembrokeshire residents to access.