For volunteers aged 18+ in Pembrokeshire
To provide assistance and support to Pembrokeshire residents with a range of role activities that are constantly changing and evolving. Responding to a request for support and assistance through the Pembrokeshire Community Hub via the Engagement Manager.
Roles currently include:
- Telephone befriending
- Face to Face befriending
- Basic gardening
- Prescription collection via Pharmacies
- Dog walking
- Travelling support companion
- Providing support with the new ‘Keep Warm Keep Well’ scheme during the Autumn and Winter periods
Find out more below and register your interest.
- Appreciate that this role will allow you to make a very real difference to the person you will be supporting
- To fully enjoy the opportunities this role will offer
- To adhere to confidentiality and current working policies
- To liaise regularly with the Engagement Manager
- To be flexible to an ever – changing Community Volunteering role.
- Good communication and listening skills
- Punctual and reliable
- Ability to work flexibly
As a volunteer, we will ensure that:
- you are well trained and supported in your role
- we involve you in delivering and developing our volunteering opportunities
- we show our appreciation, celebrate your commitment and let you know what a difference you are making
- You have access to additional training opportunities
- You are presented with your own VM ID badge and VM t-shirt
- Travel expenses reimbursed
- You are enrolled in the Tempo Time Credits scheme
- You are part of the team and join us for events and celebratory get togethers.
The role description is intended to include a broad range of responsibilities and requirements of the volunteering post. As our services are continually changing, there will be regular opportunities for you to change the nature of your volunteering and / or support other services in our area to ensure that you continually gain more skills alongside positive experiences while you are volunteering with us.
Volunteers are the cornerstone of our work with the residents from our local communities and we are grateful that you are offering your time to help us to make a difference.
A one-stop shop for advice, guidance, information and signposting describes the new Pembrokeshire Community Hub. This is a new community resource available for all Pembrokeshire residents to access.