Equip Mentoring uses the power of volunteers to support young people to get into employment, education or training.
Mentors empower young people to develop their skills and build their confidence, complete applications and support with interviews, as well as providing emotional support when things get tough.
Matches can last up to 12 months, depending on the needs of the individual young person, and it is expected that mentors will meet their young person once a week.
Find out more below and register your interest.
- Meet your mentee once a week
- Support your mentee to identify their goals
- Meet with your Engagement Manager to discuss your match
- Update the online database with your progress
- Good communication skills
As a volunteer, you will receive:
- Regular one to ones
- Monthly expenses (£30)
We believe all young people are capable of being in higher education, employment or training if they wish to be, but we also know that some need a helping hand to achieve this. This is where Equip Mentoring comes in.