For volunteers aged 18+ in King’s Lynn and surrounding areas
Match and Mentor in Norfolk provides support for individuals with learning disabilities and additional support needs to access community activities and opportunities, such as volunteering/training/work experience and social activities, in turn promoting independence and improving their emotional and physical wellbeing.
This opportunity is available to provide support to our members in a variety of settings and to enable them to be as independent as possible.
Each of our members have a varying level of support needs to be able to access local community activities. Your role is to provide that support and to be part of their journey with us.
Find out more below and register your interest.
- Outdoor allotments and gardening Projects
- Conservation Groups
- Animal sanctuaries
- Community Groups
- Social activities
- Life skills activities
- Supported Volunteering in local area.
- To provide support.
- To enable individuals to become independent.
- To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our members.
- To be an appropriate role model.
- Time to give to others
- To want to give back to the community
- To want to get involved in new experiences and challenges
- To want to make a positive impact on someone else’s life
- To want to experience the feel good factor of volunteering
- Want to have fun.
As a volunteer, you will receive:
- Training to provide you with the tools to carry out your role.
- Out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed.
- Regular one to one meeting with a staff member.
- The opportunity to improve your own confidence and self-esteem.
- To feel part of a team and valued.
Match and Mentor provides personalised, supported volunteering opportunities and other community based activities, for people with a learning disability, or additional support needs.