WHAT IS FULL-TIME VOLUNTEERING?
There’s volunteering, and then there’s Full-Time Volunteering (FTV). It’s an incredible opportunity for people aged between 18 and 35 to undertake a life-changing challenge, living away from home for up to 12 months while supporting some of the most vulnerable or marginalised people and communities across the UK. It’s your chance to unearth hidden talents, boost self-confidence, meet new people and change lives. So whether you’re looking to leave your mark on the world, develop your skills base or devote a gap year to a cause you really care about, FTV is for you.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
No one volunteering placement is the same. You could be supporting older people, homeless people, families, children or young people. You might be working within an environmental setting, or a residential one, or you could be undertaking sporting activities – we take care to match you to the opportunity that’s right for you.
This could mean:
- Befriending and supporting someone in their home, or groups of beneficiaries in a single project (like a homeless shelter), making a real difference to their wellbeing
- Acting as a mentor or role model to young people or people with disabilities, perhaps helping them to plan for their futures at key transition points in their lives
- Enabling access to social and leisure activities, at home, locally or at University, giving people connections to their communities they couldn’t otherwise enjoy.
Full-time volunteering is also an excellent route to recognised work experience in a variety of sectors, including social work, social care, nursing, medicine, teaching, youth work and psychology. Read more from those who have had these life-changing volunteering experiences here.
WHO CAN BE AN FTV?
No previous experience or specific qualifications are required.
All you will need to be is :
- Able to commit for 6-12 months for up to 35 hours a week
- Aged between 18 – 35
- Able to move away from home and be placed anywhere in the UK (accommodation is provided, and a living allowance of up to £75 a week)
- Able to provide two suitable references
- A UK, EU or EEA national and resident in the UK (If you are not a UK or EU/EEA national living in the UK, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information)
SO WHAT NEXT?
If this sounds like something you want to do or simply learn more about, click on the link below and a member of staff will give you a call in the next three working days to discuss next steps.
IF YOU HAVE ANY further QUESTIONS, you can CALL 0121 643 7690