WHAT IS FULL-TIME VOLUNTEERING?
Full-time volunteering is a unique opportunity for people aged between 18 and 35 to undertake the challenge of living away from home for 6-12 months while taking part in a worthwhile programme to support disadvantaged people and communities. Our full-time volunteering programme is an opportunity to develop skills, improve self-confidence, meet new people and change lives. So whether you want to make a difference and give something back, or have a constructive gap year with a cause you care about, you can find something to suit you.
What will I be doing?
You could be volunteering with people with physical disabilities, learning disabilities or mental health issues, older people, homeless people, families, children or young people.
You could be:
- Befriending and supporting someone at home or beneficiaries in a project for example, a homeless shelter
- Acting as a mentor or role model to young people or disabled people
- Enabling access to social and leisure activities, at home or at University, or just locally
Full-time volunteering is an excellent way of gaining recognised work experience for a variety of careers including social work, social care, nursing, medicine, teaching, youth work and psychology.
Who can volunteer?
No previous experience or specific qualifications are required
You need to be:
- Able to commit for 6-12 months for 35-40 hours a week
- Aged between 18 – 35
- Able to move away from home and be placed anywhere in the UK
- Able to provide two suitable references
- A UK, EU or EEA national and resident in the UK (If you are not a UK or EU/EEA national living in the UK, please contact us for more information)