WHAT IS FULL-TIME VOLUNTEERING?
Full-time volunteering is a unique opportunity for people aged between 18 and 35 to undertake the challenge of living away from home for 6-12 months while taking part in a worthwhile programme to support disadvantaged people and communities. Our full-time volunteering programme is an opportunity to develop skills, improve self-confidence, meet new people and change lives.
“Deciding to volunteer is one of the best decisions I have made. It has given me the chance to give something back to the community whilst gaining valuable career experience” – Tina
Why volunteer full time?
- Need skills and experience?
- Want a CV that stands out from the crowd?
- Looking for a gap year with a difference?
- Want to do something that makes a difference to people’s lives?
If so, then Full-Time Volunteering with Volunteering Matters could be for you!
What will I be doing?
You could be volunteering with people with physical disabilities, learning disabilities or mental health issues, older people, homeless people, families, children or young people. We work with a range of partners including schools, universities, social services departments, homeless hostels and other charities.
You could be carrying out a wide range of activities including:
- Befriending and supporting
- Acting as a mentor or role model
- Enabling access to social and leisure activities
- Helping with personal care
- Assisting with domestic tasks such as shopping, cooking or cleaning
Why become a Full Time Volunteer?
Full-Time Volunteering could help you:
- Gain valuable work experience and skills
- Take a constructive gap year
- Improve self confidence and independence
- Meet new people
- Make a difference and give something back
Full-Time Volunteering is an excellent way of gaining recognised work experience for a variety of careers including social work, social care, nursing, medicine, teaching, youth work and psychology.
Who can volunteer?
No previous experience or specific qualifications are required
You need to be:
- Able to commit for 6-12 months for 35-40 hours a week
- Aged between 18 – 35
- Able to move away from home and be placed anywhere in the UK
- Willing to be matched to a project where your help is most needed
- Able to provide two suitable references
- A UK, EU or EEA national and resident in the UK (If you are not a UK or EU/EEA national living in the UK, please contact us for more information)
What do you receive?
Our volunteers receive:
- Free accommodation
- Subsistence to cover food and day to day expenses
- Travel expenses to and from your project
- Return travel home every four months
- Support and relevant training
- Certificate and reference