For volunteers aged 50+ in Blaenau Gwent and surrounding areas
This role is focused on overseeing and supporting games/quiz sessions aimed at older people in Blaenau Gwent.
You would be responsible for devising simple activities and ensuring the sessions delivered effectively and efficiently. You’d need to be able to work independently, although support from a staff member would be available at all times.
Find out more, and register your interest, below.
- Devise and run simple games and quizzes aimed at older people
- Ensure it is a safe environment for volunteers and beneficiaries, adhering to the risk assessment and updating where necessary
- Promote the activity locally
- Maintain relevant records and statistics and provide updates to Engagement Manager.
- Be aged 50+
- Excellent people and communication skills
- Capable of independent working
- Outgoing and understanding of other people’s needs
- Socially responsible.
As a volunteer, you will receive:
- Full training before you start
- Expenses at 45p per mile (car) or the price of a bus/train ticket.
Our RSVP projects in Blaenau Gwent and Flintshire are funded by WCVA’s Volunteering In Wales grant and aims to create sustainable volunteering opportunities for people aged 50+ in the identified areas.