For volunteers aged 50+ in Stirling and Clackmannanshire
The role supports our schools volunteering programme across Stirling and Clackmannanshire. You would support school pupils with their learning on a 1:1 basis, and in small groups, helping students with confidence, social schools, and capability in school.
We recognise that having an older role model in the classroom can aid children’s progress in school. The tasks usually include reading, arithmetic, arts and crafts, music, school trips and more.
You may choose to volunteer in the classroom yourself too and this role could be a shared role across the two areas.
Find out more below and register your interest.
- Liaise with local schools where volunteers are placed, as well as new schools interested in finding out more about the role of a volunteer
- Recruit new volunteers and introduce them into their roles.
- Be a point of contact for our schools’ volunteers
- Be part of the RSVP Forth Valley organisers group which meets quarterly.
- Honest, reliable, and friendly volunteer aged 50+
- An interest in supporting children, and volunteers
- Good communication, organisation, and people skills
- Flexibility in time commitment.
As a volunteer, you will receive:
- An enjoyable and worthwhile volunteering experience
- Support from other local RSVP organisers and the local Volunteering Matters Delivery Leader
- Support to apply for membership of the PVG (Protection of Vulnerable groups) scheme
- All travel expenses.
The Retired and Senior Volunteering Programme (RSVP) in Forth Valley provides volunteering opportunities primarily for the 50+ age group.