This project is no longer recruiting volunteers. Please enter your postcode in the opportunity finder on our homepage to find more volunteering roles in your area.
Volunteering Matters is working with other experienced organisations as part of the Newport Support Partnership to provide help for isolated people and carers living in the Newport area.
We are committed to helping people to feel less isolated and alone, supporting more people to become involved in the local community around them. We also understand that being an unpaid carer can be an isolating, stressful experience and our volunteers are there to help. One hour of volunteering a week can make a huge difference to someone’s life and we are currently looking for volunteers in the following roles:
- One-to-one befriending in the home, building solid trusting relationships and increasing confidence and self-esteem.
- Helping people to settle into local groups and activities, so that they can make new friends.
- Running a small group in the community based on local interests and hobbies.
- One-to-one befriending in the home, giving a carer somebody to talk to and confide in.
- Light help around the home with housework and other activities.
- Driving carers to appointments and other important activities.
- Assistance with gardening and other basic DIY tasks.