Get Out Get Active (GOGA) is an exciting programme that supports disabled and non-disabled people to enjoy being active together. Funded by Spirit of 2012, the programme is focused on getting some of the UK’s least active people moving more through fun and inclusive activities.
New Junior Disability Football session is starting in May for children aged 8-16 who have a physical or learning disability. The session will cater for around 20 children who are at varying levels of skill, ability and experience. The session will last from 1 hour between 5-6pm on Tuesday evenings starting from the 21st May.
We are looking for individuals who have a passion for football and working with a diverse number of young people. Volunteers will be supporting the coach in running the session, including set up and clear up, group management and coaching.
Volunteers are not required to have a formal football certificate but can demonstrate that they have knowledge of the sport and are willing to learn and progress.
- Available for one day induction training
- Able to commit to volunteering for 10 weeks, including training
- Willing to complete a criminal record check (DBS)
- Able to provide references
- Interest in working with young people
WHAT WE PROVIDE
- A paid-for criminal record check (DBS)
- Out of pocket expenses, including travel costs
- Ongoing support
- Regular contact with project manager
- Future references
Apply below, or email:Apply now