Newport Support Partnership is working with local partners to provide help for isolated people and carers living in the Newport area. The project aims to help people to feel less isolated and alone and support more people to become involved in the local community around them. Being an unpaid carer can be an isolating experience and our volunteers are there to help and we believe that one hour of volunteer support a week can make a huge difference.
Volunteer Befrienders visit unpaid carers who might feel isolated or lonely and offer company and friendship. Befriending is also offered to people who are being cared for to give their carer a break and the chance to take part in other activities.
- Outgoing personality;
- Good listening skills;
- Over 18;
- Be able to provide details of 2 referees who have known you for more than 2 years;
- Be willing to undertake a DBS check (criminal records);
WHAT WE PROVIDE
As a volunteer you’ll receive:
- Full induction and training;
- Travel expenses to and from your placement;
- Opportunities to volunteer at other events and activities;