ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
Volunteering Matters is working with other experienced organisations to provide help for isolated people and carers living in the Newport area.
We are committed to helping people to feel less isolated and alone, supporting more people to become involved in the local community around them. We also understand that being an unpaid carer can be an isolating experience and our volunteers are there to help. One hour of volunteering a week can make a huge difference.
Volunteer Befrienders visit people that are isolated or lonely and offer company and friendship. You will work toward helping the person access activities in the community with the long-term goal being that they can access them independently. Just having a cup of tea and a chat can help develop a strong relationship, build trust and boost confidence.
- Outgoing personality;
- Good listening skills;
- Interested in working with older people, people with a disability or carers;
- Over 18;
- Be able to provide details of 2 referees who have known you for more than 2 years;
- Be willing to undertake a DBS check (criminal records)
WHAT WE PROVIDE
As a volunteer you’ll receive:
- Full induction and training;
- Travel expenses to and from your placement;
Opportunities to volunteer at other events and activities;Apply now