About the opportunity
Active Volunteering Barnet is a programme that allows disabled volunteers to capitalise on their skills, interests, and goals for the future. Whether our volunteers have barriers to overcome, need a confidence boost or just a push in the right direction, we support them every step of the way. We work in partnership with local organisations and businesses to provide volunteer placements in diverse work environments such as retail, gardening, hospitals and animal sanctuaries.
We will accompany our volunteers to their opportunity until they are settled in, provide on-going support and help to resolve any problems or difficulties that may arise. Volunteers will also have the chance to attend regular social events where our volunteers can share experiences and meet new friends.
- 18 years +
- Live in the London Borough Of Barnet
- Have a learning difficulty, physical disability, sensory impairment or mental health condition
- May need a criminal record check (DBS)
What we provide
As a volunteer you’ll receive:
- Active Volunteering Barnet induction and “skills for volunteering” training
- Regular volunteer social events
- Ongoing support to get the most from your volunteer experience
- Out of pocket expenses, including travel costs