about the opportunity
Vocal in Norfolk is a project that supports adults with learning disabilities to volunteer within their own community. Volunteering Matters Norfolk is looking for volunteers to support these individuals to access volunteering and to enable them to give something back to the community. We support disabled young people and adults to actively volunteer and contribute to their local community, increasing their confidence and social and employability skills.
We recruit; train and support volunteers to support individuals with a learning disability and offer ongoing support and new opportunities and challenges should you wish to develop you’re volunteering more.
- Be happy to take part in a two day induction training course
- Must have a criminal record check (DBS)
- Interest in supporting adults with a learning disability.
- Reliable and be willing to make a commitment
- Patient and understanding
What we provide
As a volunteer you’ll receive:
- A two day induction as well as other training and on-going support.
- Out of pocket expenses.
- Invitations to social volunteer events
- New experiences and challenges
- Opportunities to meet new people and learn new skills.