We are looking for volunteers to support adults with learning disabilities to access their community and do the activities they are interested in whilst focusing on four key areas: life skills, health and wellbeing, independent living skills and community/social skills. As a volunteer you will support someone to access activities such as theatre trips, sporting activities, meals out, cinema visits and much more!
Support Volunteers work with adults with learning disabilities who need support with staying healthy and well, learning new skills, becoming more confident and gaining or maintaining independence. The role involves accompanying individuals to access day, evening and weekend opportunities of their interest and choice, such as an exercise group, cinema visit or shopping trip. Support Volunteers will also assist individuals to complete skills development workbooks. This is a wonderful opportunity to help adults with learning disabilities become active members of their community.
- Minimum age to be a Support Volunteer is 18 years old
- You will need to complete a criminal record check (DBS) (free to the volunteer)
- You will need to be able to provide references and be available for 1 day of training
- No specialised training or, experience required but you must a have a genuine interest in working with adults with learning disabilities
WHAT WE PROVIDE
As a volunteer you’ll receive:
- Training and ongoing support
- Regular contact with Project Manager
- Out of pocket expenses, including travel costs
- Future references