Sporting Chance is a project, with the Stockton-on-Tees branch being funded by the NHS Hartlepool and Stockton Clinical Commissioning Group, that aims to engage with men aged 50+. The project involves older men in physical activities and reminiscence sessions in order to improve the health and wellbeing of participants, increase socialisation and inclusion and decrease isolation.
The project needs men who not only to participate but who want to volunteer to help drive and support the project and its activity to ensure that ‘Sporting Chance’ is sustainable without funding.
Volunteers are involved in meeting and greeting new participants, making refreshments, helping to market the programme, supporting the project delivery staff and assisting with future plans.
- Commitment to attend one or more of the regular ‘Sporting Chance’ groups
- May need a criminal record check (DBS)
- Interest or experience with working with older men
- Potential interest in reminiscence
- To be aged 50 +
- Able to provide two references
WHAT WE PROVIDE
As a volunteer you’ll receive:
- An induction as well as other training and on-going support.
- Out of pocket expenses.