Want to make new friends or get off the sofa? Sporting Chance Stockton is the project for you!
The project involves physical activities such as Walking Football, Aquasize, cycling or the gym – you can do these things with your mates, at our weekly sessions.
It will improve your health and wellbeing, and it’s great fun too!
The project needs men who not only to participate but who want to volunteer to help drive and support the project and its activity to ensure that ‘Sporting Chance’ is sustainable without funding.
Volunteers are involved in meeting and greeting new participants, making refreshments, helping to market the programme, supporting the project delivery staff and assisting with future plans.
The Stockton-on-Tees branch being funded by the NHS Hartlepool and Stockton Clinical Commissioning Group, that aims to engage with men aged 50+.
- Commitment to attend one or more of the regular ‘Sporting Chance’ groups
- May need a criminal record check (DBS)
- Interest or experience with working with older men
- Potential interest in reminiscence
- To be aged 50 +
- Able to provide two references
WHAT WE PROVIDE
As a volunteer you’ll receive:
- An induction as well as other training and on-going support.
- Out of pocket expenses.