This key role includes recruiting volunteers to support school pupils in developing key skills such as reading and numeracy, finding schools willing to offer placements and providing ongoing support so that both the volunteers and schools feel they gain from the relationship.
It is a role that offers satisfaction in helping those who are retired and semi-retired find experiences that will be rewarding and that will add to their wellbeing as they help make a difference to pupils’ development.
The role is an administrative one and will require IT skills in keeping recruitment data up to date. It is home based and flexible in terms of time commitment. The successful applicant will join and be supported by other school organisers in RSVP West.
- To be aged 50 or above
- To be able to work in a team
- Although previous experience of working in schools or the education service is not a requirement, applicants should be able to liaise effectively with schools and should enjoy meeting new people.
What we provide
As a volunteer you’ll receive:
- Relevant training and ongoing support
- Third party and personal accident insurance cover
- All out-of-pocket expenses