Sporting Chance Rhondda Cynon Taf aims to engage men aged 50+, living in the RCT area, in social and activity groups. Activities can include indoor kurling, board games, jigsaws and walking groups, and will welcome men aged 50 and over regardless of their fitness level.
Sporting Chance RCT is supported by the Welsh Government’s Healthy and Active Fund, managed by Volunteering Matters and will run in partnership with Be Active RCT.
The project needs men not only to participate but who want to volunteer to help drive and support the groups. Amongst other things, volunteers can be involved in organising sessions, meeting and greeting new participants, making refreshments or acting as a “buddy” to help somebody attend a session who might otherwise not be able to get there.
- Commitment to attend one or more of the regular ‘Sporting Chance’ groups
- May need a criminal record check (DBS)
- Interest or experience with working with older men
- Potential interest in reminiscence
- To be aged 50 +
- Able to provide two references
WHAT WE PROVIDE
As a volunteer you’ll receive:
- An induction as well as other training and on-going support.
- Out of pocket expenses.