Running in Gwent, The SAFE (‘Sexual Awareness for Everyone’) project will help improve the personal safety and good sexual health of young women (aged 16 to 35) with learning difficulties through peer led workshops, one to one peer support and through the production and distribution of a SAFE card.
WHAT THE VOLUNTEER WILL DO
Volunteering Matters’ new SAFE project is looking for female volunteers to create fun, modern workshops and support sessions all about personal safety, safer relationships and sexual health. We need your help in creating fun interactive sessions to help other females who have a learning disability.
• Age 16 – 35
WHAT WE PROVIDE
As a volunteer you’ll receive:
• A holistic and friendly induction
• Nationally recognised volunteer awards
• Locally recognised volunteering Awards
• Regular one to one personal support and development.
• Training and accreditation programme tailored to you.
• Options to signpost and refer to other key youth support services available locally
• Help with travel costs and food allowances.
• Additional opportunities to take part in other events/activities taking place locally, nationally and globally.
• Information from other programmes for young people to get involved with.
• Invitations to attend group activities around volunteering and meet other young people with similar interests.
• A reference for future employment records