SAFE is a peer led project that aims to help young men with learning disabilities and autism aged 16-25 become more aware of safe relationships and sexual health. We are looking for peer volunteers to help facilitate workshops and work with young people to help develop their knowledge and confidence.
SAFE volunteers will receive training in sexual health and safer relationships. Each volunteer will receive ongoing support through development reviews and be encouraged to progress and gain as many skills as possible. Many free training opportunities are available to our volunteers. All volunteers will be registered with the Torfaen Mayors Award and the highly regarded Millennium Volunteers Awards.
- Age 16-35
- Available for one day induction training
- Able to provide references
- Have an interest in working with young people
- Willing to complete a paid-for criminal record check (DBS)
WHAT WE PROVIDE
As a volunteer you’ll receive:
- Out of pocket expenses, including travel costs
- Safeguarding training
- A paid-for criminal record check (DBS)
- Ongoing support
- Future references
- Regular contact with project manager
- Third-party liability insurance