RSVP West is a region of the Retired and Senior Volunteer Programme (RSVP) that covers Bristol, North Somerset, South Gloucestershire and Bath & North East Somerset.
RSVP provides opportunities for people aged 50 and over to volunteer in a primary or secondary school to support pupils with reading, numeracy, more specialised subjects and other areas of activity depending on the schools’ requirements.
Volunteers usually go into School for one session a week to give one-to-one help to children, selected by the teachers, who can benefit from such support. Volunteers always liaise closely with teachers and under their guidance to complement their work in the classroom.
- Interest in children’s education and supporting learning
- Ability to attend regularly
- Criminal Records (DBS) check – carried out by Volunteering Matters
WHAT WE PROVIDE
As a volunteer you’ll receive:
- Induction materials and guidance
- Regular support from their Schools Organiser
- Out-of-pocket expenses reimbursed, if necessary
- Third party and personal accident insurance cover