About the opportunity
The Retired and Senior Volunteer Programme encourages those aged 50+ to volunteer and stay active. We are looking for an older person to volunteer as a Walk Leader for our popular weekly walks in Stirling and the surrounding area.
Our walking groups meet 3 times per week and offer older people the chance of regular exercise and the opportunity to meet new friends. We often have lunch get-togethers, picnic outings and festivities at Christmas. Physical exercise and social interaction has a positive effect on older people’s health and wellbeing.
- Over 50 years of age and able to volunteer on a weekly basis
- A reasonable level of physical fitness
- Good organisational, communication and people skills
What we provide
As a volunteer you’ll receive:
- Ongoing help and support if required
- All relevant training including Health and Safety
- The chance to keep fit and make new friends