RSVP Wales runs a number of knitting groups across the country. Our knitting volunteers usually join, create or lead groups of knitters, often helping to bring isolated people together to share company and interests in crafts. However, many of our volunteers choose to knit at home and pass on knitted goods to the collection.
Our knitting groups provide an opportunity for older people to be social, to make new friends, and to have people in their community they can rely on. It is also a good opportunity for older people to still feel useful in retirement and to be able to give back to their community. Knitting groups create an array of knitted materials from items for premature babies to twiddle-muffs for people with dementia. These goods are given out locally and even internationally.
- Interest in knitting or other crafts
- Willingness to support other volunteers
- Aged over 50
WHAT WE PROVIDE
As a volunteer you’ll receive:
- Membership of our RSVP network
- Invitations to events and activities
- Membership newsletter
- Support for those running groups
- Access to the group’s social media forum