RSVP West engages over 1000 volunteers in various volunteering activities across Bristol, North Somerset, South Gloucestershire, Bath & North East Somerset.
Volunteers drivers help older and/or vulnerable people get to their hospital & health care appointments, day care centres, social events and respite centres. Through this simple act, volunteers make a huge difference to people’s lives, allowing older people to get out and about, maintain their health, continue to feel independent and reduce their social isolation.
- Clean driving licence for volunteer driving.
- Your own vehicle.
- Must have a criminal record check (DBS)
- Interest in helping reduce social isolation in North Somerset & Bath.
- Good listening skills
WHAT WE PROVIDE
- As a volunteer you’ll receive:
- An induction programme as well as other training and on-going support.
- Out of pocket expenses.