About the opportunity
The Retired and Senior Volunteer Programme works with NHS Forth Valley to develop volunteering in local hospitals. We are looking for older volunteers to carry out support roles in Stirling Care Village, with the aim of making a visit to the hospital a better experience for patients and visitors.
Volunteers provide support to patients and visitors in many different departments. Volunteers contribute to the well-being of patients and visitors by being a listening ear, and a helpful and friendly face welcoming people to the hospital. Our volunteers feel valued, make new friends and keep active in retirement.
- Over 50 years of age and able to volunteer on a regular basis
- Interest in volunteering in a hospital environment
- Good communication and people skills
- Be able to undertake specific duties and responsibilities with minimum supervision
- Subject to a PVG Disclosure Check (free of charge)
What we provide
As a volunteer you’ll receive:
- On-going help and support
- Volunteer badge and uniform
- All relevant training