RSVP currently have volunteers in more 350 schools around the UK. The volunteers help children with literacy, numeracy, and other areas. It’s mutually beneficial – the volunteers have a huge impact on the children who receive their help, but also get a lot of and satisfaction out of their volunteering.
Our aim is to help more older volunteers take part in this popular programme. We want to build on the areas where we currently operate as well as reach out to new schools and new areas, helping more children.
This is an interesting, challenging opportunity for someone looking for a role they can really get their teeth into. If you want to use your skills to really make an impact on communities then this may be the role for you.
This volunteer role will concentrate on helping our volunteering in schools programme to impact on more children. Recruiting more volunteers and supporting them with their placements, liaising with schools and finding new schools to place volunteers in will all form part of the role.
There will be plenty of opportunity for you get involved in other areas such as inductions and training sessions if you are interested, and you will have plenty of support from other volunteer schools coordinators.
Ideally you can operate from our office in London however if you live elsewhere and would like get involved remotely this is also possible.
To become a Schools coordinator you will need to be:
- Aged over 50 years of age.
- Interested in improving children’s skills and the well-being of the over-50’s.
- Flexible and able to use own initiative.
- Responsible and reliable.
- Contactable by telephone and email.
- Able to provide 2 references
- Previous experience in an education environment is a bonus
The role will also require:
- Good communication, organisation and people skills.
- Basic computer skills or a willingness to learn.
WHAT WE PROVIDE
This is a far-reaching role which will make a huge difference to local communities, to children and to the volunteers
We will provide:
- DBS and reference checks
- Induction on on-going support
- Access to a national network of schools volunteers
- The chance to use existing skills and experience to make a difference.
- The chance to learn new skills and meet new people
- Space in our office at Hackney for you to use (if required)