ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
RSVP volunteers are all aged over 50 and draw upon on their experiences to lead and develop projects targeting needs in their local community. We have 10,000 volunteers, of which over 450 are Organisers. These Organisers act as team leader to the RSVP volunteers in their areas, and are responsible for managing a team of anything from 1 – 40 RSVP volunteers. They use their own experience, interests and motivations to improve various aspects of their community. This programme reduces the burden on social services and the NHS, and builds stronger communities.
Many of our local groups and activities started from just one person looking to make a difference to their community.
This volunteer role will concentrate on spreading the word about RSVP to recruit more volunteers and organisers around the UK.
Our model is unique and self-sustaining. Volunteers join in with RSVP activities in their local areas, and succession planning within our local groups means that local RSVP groups can continue to help their communities even if their founding organiser has to stop.
Collaborating with other volunteer organisers around the UK, you will look to recruit new volunteers and organisers to help ensure that the amazing difference our volunteers make to people’s lives continues well into the future.
This will be a role that you can really get your teeth into, and you will have the opportunity to get involved in other areas such as induction and training of new volunteers.
- Aged over 50 years of age.
- Keen to get stuck into a project where you will have plenty of responsibility
- Interested in the well-being of over 50’s
- Experienced (preferably) in working with people or in a team.
- Flexible and able to use own initiative.
- Responsible and reliable.
- Contactable by telephone and email.
- Experience of recruitment, HR or training is a bonus
The role will also require:
- Good communication and organisation skills .
- Basic computer skills or a willingness to learn.
WHAT WE PROVIDE
This is a far-reaching role with plenty of opportunity for the volunteer to grow their role
We will provide:
- Induction on on-going support
- Access to a national network of volunteers
- The chance to use existing skills and experience to make a difference on a large scale.
- The chance to learn new skills and meet new people
- Desk space and computer in our office at Hackney for you to use