About the opportunity
Many people rely on our Volunteer Driving Schemes to help them get out and about and do everyday things that most of us take for granted. A simple trip to the shops or a routine appointment at the doctors can be complicated, if not impossible, for some people without the support of a volunteer driver.
Our volunteer drivers help older and vulnerable people to hospital & health care appointments, day care centres, social events and respite centres. Together we can assist with helping older people maintain their health, independence and reduce social isolation. Our drivers find it a rewarding way to spend their free time because they know they make a big difference to the lives of others.
- Clean driving licence for volunteer driving.
- Your own vehicle.
- Must have a criminal record check (DBS)
- Interest in helping reduce social isolation in Ryedale.
- Good listening skills
What we provide
- As a volunteer you’ll receive:
- An induction programme as well as other training and on-going support.
- Out of pocket expenses.