No…Sh! is an exciting peer-led mentoring programme running in Gwent in partnership with Cyfannol Women’s Aid. Our staff team recruit young female volunteers to deliver workshops to their peers, to help improve awareness of sexual harassment and abuse of young women (aged 16 to 35) with learning difficulties.
The volunteers then go on to help design and develop engaging and accessible sessions to communicate what they have learnt. They go on to assist staff in facilitating the workshops to groups of other young people, giving advice and mentoring support to their peers.
- Aged between 16 and 35
- Willing to complete a criminal record check (DBS) which will be paid for by the project
- Able to commit to volunteering for 10 weeks, including training
WHAT WE PROVIDE
As a volunteer you’ll receive:
- Full training, including safeguarding
- A paid-for criminal record check (DBS)
- Regular contact with project manager and ongoing support throughout the project
- Out of pocket expenses, including travel costs
- Future references
- Third-party liability insurance