Newport Support Partnership is working with local partners to provide help for isolated people and carers living in the Newport area. The project aims to help people to feel less isolated and alone and support more people to become involved in the local community around them. Many older people in more rural areas often feel lonely and with loneliness receiving greater reference for it’s physical and mental impact, volunteers support can make a huge impact.
Volunteer Befrienders visit people that are isolated or lonely and offer company and friendship. You will work toward helping the person access activities in the community with the long-term goal being that they can access them independently. Just having a cup of tea and a chat can help develop a strong relationship, build trust and boost confidence.
- Outgoing personality;
- Good listening skills;
- Interested in working with older people, people with a disability or carers;
- Over 18;
- Be able to provide details of 2 referees who have known you for more than 2 years;
- Be willing to undertake a DBS check (criminal records)
WHAT WE PROVIDE
As a volunteer you’ll receive:
- Full induction and training;
- Travel expenses to and from your placement;
Opportunities to volunteer at other events and activities;Apply now