Match and Mentor in Norfolk provides support for individuals with learning disabilities and additional support needs to access community activities and opportunities, such as volunteering/training/work experience and social activities, in turn promoting independence and improving their emotional and physical wellbeing.
Volunteer requirements – What do you need to be a mentor?
- Time to give to others
- To want to give back to the community
- To want to get involved in new experiences and challenges
- To want to make a positive impact on someone else’s life
- To want to experience the feel good factor of volunteering
- Want to have fun.
What we provide
As a volunteer you’ll receive:
- Induction training
- Regular support and one to one meetings with a staff member
- Out of pocket expenses
- The opportunity to develop new skills
- The opportunity to challenge yourself
- Positive experiences to put onto your CV