Into Hackney is a project working to alleviate loneliness and social isolation among adults (25+) with learning disabilities in the borough of Hackney.
Mentors will be supporting adults 25 and over, with learning disabilities to access volunteering opportunies and community activities. Providing one-to-one support, mentors will meet with the beneficiaries on a weekly basis and will have an empathetic, inclusive and friendly approach, as well as a sense of humour!
- No experience needed but an interest in working with people is essential
- Resident in Hackney; or the surrounding area
- Willing to complete a paid-for criminal record check (DBS)
- Available for one day Induction training
- Over 18 years old
WHAT WE PROVIDE
As a volunteer you’ll receive:
- Induction and training
- A paid-for criminal record check (DBS)
- Safeguarding training
- Regular contact with your Volunteer Manager
- Ongoing support to get the most from your volunteer experience
- Out of pocket expenses, including travel costs
Find out more by getting in touch with tessa or amber on the details below.
Tessa – 01375 396091 | 07823 413252
Amber – 020 3780 5915 | 07841 494507