The Hounslow Allies Project works in partnership with Hounslow Social services providing independent visitors or ‘allies’ to young people in care.
Allies are recruited to build a one-to-one relationship with looked after children based on trust and mutual respect. They relate to the young person in an appropriate way based on the young person’s age, past experiences and present situation.
Volunteers may be helping young people to boost their CV or even just taking part in social actitvities like bowling and football. This is a very rewarding programme allowing volunteers use their own experience, gain a lot of skills and become a role-model for young people.
- Commitment of 12 – 18 months
- Availability for approximately 12 hours a month
- An enhanced criminal record check (DBS)
- Ability to relate to children in an appropriate way, given his/her age, level of understanding, past experiences and present situations
- 18 – 49 years old
What we provide
As a volunteer you’ll receive:
- initial training
- regular support and feedback meetings with the Volunteer Manager
- opportunities for further training if required
- peer support
- reimbursement of travel and costs of tickets and refreshments when taking the child out