Newport Support Partnership is working with local partners to provide help for isolated people and carers living in the Newport area. The project aims to help people to feel less isolated and alone and support more people to become involved in the local community around them. Being an unpaid carer can be an isolating experience and our volunteers are there to help and we believe that one hour of volunteer support a week can make a huge difference.
Help At Home Volunteers assist carers with light housework tasks around the home. Examples of this include vacuuming, dusting and laundry. Carers lives are extremely busy and very stressful and our Help At Home Volunteers provide valuable assistance and support.
- Outgoing personality;
- Hard working;
- Over 18;
- Be able to provide details of 2 referees who have known you for more than 2 years;
- Be willing to undertake a DBS check (criminal records);
WHAT WE PROVIDE
As a volunteer you’ll receive:
- Full induction and training;
- Relevant travel expenses;
- Opportunities to volunteer at other events and activities;