Health Champions Warwickshire is funded by Warwickshire County Council. Volunteering Matters connect volunteers with individuals and groups within the local community. Volunteers use their local contacts, experience, understanding and enthusiasm to help people enjoy healthier lives. As well as tackling health and well-being issues such as physical fitness, nutrition, and stress, volunteers also promote the prevention of Covid through local government initiatives.
We are looking for volunteers to empower and motivate people to get involved in healthy social activities, create groups to meet local needs and signpost people to relevant support and services. Health Champions will enable people to make positive choices regarding their own health and wellbeing, and will volunteer as part of a team to support people from a wide range of backgrounds.
We provide extensive training for our volunteers, covering mental health awareness and safeguarding delivered by Volunteering Matters Engagement Managers. Some volunteers will also have an opportunity to complete Royal Society for Public Health Level 2 qualification.
- Aged 18 or over
- Active and engaged member of local community in Warwickshire
- Willing to complete onboarding process with opportunity to achieve Royal Society for Public Health, Level 2 qualification
- Have good people and communication skills, patience and the ability to be empathetic – Interest in health and wellbeing
- Willing to complete a paid-for DBS check
- Willing to provide references and photo ID as part of our onboarding process
- Willing to commit to volunteering for minimum 6 months
- Support local people to understand the risk of Covid-19 and the vaccine role out
- Passionate about making every contact count and growing local networks
What we provide
- Full training, opportunity to gain Royal Society for Public Health, Level 2 qualification
- Volunteer support meetings – opportunities for involvement in events and social activities
- Regular support from your Engagement Manager
- Out of pocket expenses
Get in touch with us to find out more and apply to become a Health Champion volunteer!