Our handyperson service runs in Stirling and Clackmannanshire, involving volunteers who complete small and minor maintenance jobs for older people. Some older people struggle to do small jobs at home by themselves. It can be expensive or challenging hiring a professional to do such a small job. Our service means older people stay independent and are at less risk of an accident at home.
The types of jobs that our volunteers do include rewiring plugs, unblocking sinks, hanging curtains or mirrors, changing tap washers, replacing batteries in smoke alarms, building flat pack furniture or even changing a light bulb. Our volunteers give advice on Fire Safety and how to prevent a fall at home.
- Have the skills and abilities to complete small and minor maintenance jobs
- An interest in helping older and disabled people
- Must complete Disclosure Check (free)
What we provide
As a volunteer you’ll receive:
- Ongoing help and support at all times
- All relevant training
- All expenses including travel costs
- Volunteer uniform
- The satisfaction of helping older people in your local area