ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
Volunteering Matters is working with other experienced organisations to provide help for isolated people and carers living in the Newport area.
We are committed to helping people to feel less isolated and alone, supporting more people to become involved in the local community around them. We also understand that being an unpaid carer can be an isolating experience and our volunteers are there to help. One hour of volunteering a week can make a huge difference.
Group activity volunteers will assist in running groups aimed at helping older people and people with disabilities remain socially active. Maybe you have a skill that you could share with others, or just want to get involved in something fun and rewarding. Activities we have run in the past include knitting groups, coffee mornings, games sessions and IT sessions.
- Outgoing personality;
- Good listening skills;
- Interested in working with older people, people with a disability or carers;
- Over 18;
- Be able to provide details of 2 referees who have known you for more than 2 years;
- Be willing to undertake a DBS check (criminal records)
WHAT WE PROVIDE
As a volunteer you’ll receive:
- Full induction and training;
- Travel expenses to and from your placement;
- Opportunities to volunteer at other events and activities.