Get Out Get Active (GOGA) is an exciting programme that supports disabled and non-disabled people to enjoy being active together. Funded by Spirit of 2012, the programme is focused on getting some of the UK’s least active people moving more through fun and inclusive activities.
We are looking to engage with people who have a disability and may not have access or confidence to be physically active on a weekly basis. As part of this we would like to recruit volunteers who are willing to give up 1-2 hours per week to help support those with a disability access facilities and sessions in the gym, outside or are local fitness facilities.
As part of this programme you will get 4 weeks with a PT and the service user to help build rapport, have an input with their fitness goals and to be part of their further planning process. After these 4 weeks we would be looking for you to continue meeting with your service user and assisting them on accessing fitness services on a weekly basis.
- Over 18 years old
- Available for one day induction training
- Able to commit to volunteering for 10 weeks, including training
- Willing to complete a criminal record check (DBS)
- Able to provide references
- Resident in local area
- Interest in working with young and older people
- Able to commit to volunteering for 1-2 hours per week
WHAT WE PROVIDE
- A paid-for criminal record check (DBS)
- Out of pocket expenses, including travel costs
- Ongoing support
- Regular contact with project manager
- Future references
Apply below, or email:Apply now