Get Out Get Active (GOGA) is an exciting programme that supports disabled and non-disabled people to enjoy being active together. Funded by Spirit of 2012, the programme is focused on getting some of the UK’s least active people moving more through fun and inclusive activities.
GOGA Nottingham is working across areas of Nottingham to support the least active people in the city to be more active in fun, friendly and inclusive environments. Activities and opportunities take place across a number of venues including Leisure Centres and Community Centres.
Be a Volunteer Tandem Pilot! Are you interested in supporting an individual with a visual impairment to enjoy cycling? We are looking for friendly, enthusiastic individuals to train as Tandem Pilots. Volunteers will be provided with necessary training and support by RideWise.
- Over 18 years old
- Available for one day induction training
- Able to commit to volunteering for 10 weeks, including training
- Willing to complete a criminal record check (DBS)
- A strong interest in sport and helping disabled children and adults
- Good organisational, time keeping, communication and people skills
- Enthusiastic, honest, reliable and trustworthy
WHAT WE PROVIDE
- A paid-for criminal record check (DBS)
- Safeguarding training
- Ongoing support
- Volunteer certificate
Apply below, or email:Apply now