Get Out Get Active (GOGA) is an exciting programme that supports disabled and non-disabled people to enjoy being active together. Funded by Spirit of 2012, the programme is focused on getting some of the UK’s least active people moving more through fun and inclusive activities.
Session leader assistant volunteers will be assisting the lead coach in putting on ‘Sporting Memories’ reminiscence therapy sessions for elderly members of the Roehampton community, based at either the Lennox Community Centre or the Manresa Clubroom. Volunteers will be helping with room set up, joining in the session and packing away at the end. Activities include Boccia, chair based exercise and other gentle games and activities. They are great for anyone looking to get into care or physical activity jobs.
- Volunteers must be over 18 years old
- Willing to complete a criminal record check (DBS)
- Interest in working with older people
- Commitment to at least 8 weeks of volunteering on either Thursdays 11.00-12.30pm or Fridays 2.00-3.30pm
- Prior experience of working with elderly individuals desired, but not compulsory
WHAT WE PROVIDE
- Induction into the role
- Signposting towards further opportunities
- Ongoing support
- Out of pocket expenses, including travel costs