Get Out Get Active (GOGA) is an exciting programme that supports disabled and non-disabled people to enjoy being active together. Funded by Spirit of 2012, the programme is focused on getting some of the UK’s least active people moving more through fun and inclusive activities.
GOGA Nottingham is working across areas of Nottingham to support the least active people in the city to be more active in fun, friendly and inclusive environments. Activities and opportunities take place across a number of venues including Leisure Centres and Community Centres.
We are looking for enthusiastic, friendly volunteers to support a number of Cycling activities within the Get Out Get Active project including Cycling for All and Learn 2 Cycle. Role includes meeting & greeting, encouraging participants to take part and supporting people to fill out forms. Full support for the Volunteer will be provided by RideWise.
- Over 18 years old
- Available for one day induction training
- Able to commit to volunteering for 10 weeks, including training
- Willing to complete a criminal record check (DBS)
- A strong interest in sport and helping disabled children and adults
- Good organisational, time keeping, communication and people skills
- Enthusiastic, honest, reliable and trustworthy
WHAT WE PROVIDE
- A paid-for criminal record check (DBS)
- Safeguarding training
- Ongoing support
- Volunteer certificate
Apply below, or email: