Get Out Get Active (GOGA) is an exciting programme that supports disabled and non-disabled people to enjoy being active together. Funded by Spirit of 2012, the programme is focused on getting some of the UK’s least active people moving more through fun and inclusive activities.
GOGA Nottingham is working across areas of Nottingham to support the least active people in the city to be more active in fun, friendly and inclusive environments. Activities and opportunities take place across a number of venues including Leisure Centres and Community Centres.
Would you like to Volunteer and help others to get physically active? Would you like to assist individuals with disabilities get into activity at their local leisure or community centre? Find out more about how you can become an activity buddy?
Volunteers will need to have a caring, supportive and empathetic nature, an understanding of the needs of people with disabilities and be prepared to support them with their journey to becoming more healthy and active. Induction and training covers all information, policies, procedures, boundaries, paperwork needed to begin the role.
- Over 18 years old
- Available for one day induction training
- Able to commit to volunteering for 10 weeks, including training
- Willing to complete a criminal record check (DBS)
- A strong interest in sport and helping disabled children and adults
- Good organisational, time keeping, communication and people skills
- Enthusiastic, honest, reliable and trustworthy
WHAT WE PROVIDE
- A paid-for criminal record check (DBS)
- Safeguarding training
- Ongoing support
- Volunteer certificate
Apply below, or email:Apply now