Get Out Get Active (GOGA) is an exciting programme that supports disabled and non-disabled people to enjoy being active together. Funded by Spirit of 2012, the programme is focused on getting some of the UK’s least active people moving more through fun and inclusive activities.
The role of the gymnastics assistant will be assisting the lead coach in coaching gymnastics sessions to children aged 11-18 at a Roehampton based Special Educational Needs Secondary School. As a part of the role, volunteers will be required to help with set up, instruction and packing away of equipment. Sessions are kept very simple including balances and working with mats and apparatus. They are a great way for aspiring teachers or sports coaches to gain further experience and understanding of working with people with both physical and psychological impairments.
- Volunteers must be over 18 years old
- Able to commit to volunteering for 10 weeks, including training
- Willing to complete a criminal record check (DBS)
- Prior experience of working with Special Educational Needs children desired, but not compulsory
WHAT WE PROVIDE
- Induction into the role
- Signposting towards further opportunities
- Ongoing support
- Out of pocket expenses, including travel costs