Get Out Get Active (GOGA) is an exciting programme that supports disabled and non-disabled people to enjoy being active together. Funded by Spirit of 2012, the programme is focused on getting some of the UK’s least active people moving more through fun and inclusive activities
Could you support someone to get more active by becoming a mentor with full training and support from The Disability Rights UK Peer Support project?
We’re looking for enthusiastic, open minded volunteers who feel passionate about supporting others to get more active. From a walk in the park to taking part in Zumba, time commitment is flexible and fits around you and your commitments.
We particularly welcome people who have a disability or experience of a health condition. A mentor will provide inspiration and build confidence – this role can change lives!
- Volunteers must be over 18 years old
- Available for one day induction training
- Able to commit to volunteering for 10 weeks, including training
- Willing to complete a criminal record check (DBS)
- Resident in local area
WHAT WE PROVIDE
- Full training and support
- Fully accessible opportunities
- Some support with travel costs and costs of sessions
- Flexible time commitments around work/ family
- Future references
- We will match you with someone who has similar interests