Get Out Get Active (GOGA) is an exciting new programme that supports disabled and non-disabled people to enjoy being active together. Funded by Spirit of 2012, the programme is focused on getting some of the UK’s least active people moving more through fun and inclusive activities.
The cycle leader role is aimed to support the coaching of the Womens Only cycling and promote the activity to encourage increased participation.
As well as acting as an ambassador for GOGA, the volunteer will participate in planning coaching lessons, delivering fun cycle sessions while remaining mindful of safety checks and equipment.
- An interest in sport, specifically cycling
- Some knowledge of first aid and accident, incident and emergency procedures
- Enthusiasm for promoting sport via word of mouth and social media
WHAT WE PROVIDE
- A wide range of training prior to you beginning your volunteering; First Aid, Safeguarding, Disability Awareness & Coaching Training.
- A uniform
- The opportunity to work alongside coaches and develop skills as well as qualifications & workshops
- Travel expenses