Due to COVID-19 we are still recruiting, but are operating remotely to maintain social distancing. Please get in touch with our team for more details.
Futures East is a project focused on enabling young people between the ages of 16-25, who have learning disabilities, on the autism spectrum or have additional support needs, to take part in exciting and worthwhile voluntary roles within their local communities of Hackney and the surrounding Boroughs.
What the volunteer will do
Community Mentors invaluable one-to-one support can be offered in various ways: such as supporting their volunteer within a volunteer placement to understand the role or they may provide guidance in helping the volunteer travel to their volunteer role.
- No experience is needed but an interest in working with young people with additional support needs is essential
- Committed to volunteering for a minimum of two hours per week.
- Resident in Hackney; or the surrounding area
- Willing to complete a criminal record check (DBS)
- Available for one day Induction training
- Over 18 years old.
What we provide
As a volunteer you’ll receive:
- Futures East induction and training in becoming a Community Mentor.
- Ongoing support to get the most from your volunteer experience
- Out of pocket expenses, including travel costs